Dr. Xing Yuan (袁星) is a professor in the School of Hydrology and Water Resources at Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology (NUIST). He received his B.S. degree in Information and Computing Science at Hunan University in 2004, and Ph.D. degree in Meteorology at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics at Chinese Academy of Sciences (IAP/CAS) in 2008. Before joining NUIST, he worked as a climate modeler at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign during 2009-2011, as an associate climate specialist at Princeton University during 2011-2014, and as a professor at IAP/CAS during 2014-2018. He is an editor of Hydrology and Earth System Sciences.
Prof. Yuan’s research interests are primarily in the field of hydroclimatology, including land surface modeling, climate change and water cycle, hydroclimate ensemble prediction, and attribution for extremes. He has authored 60+ peer-reviewed journal papers. His research on seasonal hydrological forecasting covers a variety of areas including multi-model ensemble, dynamical and statistical downscaling, and hydrological post-processing. Recently, Prof. Yuan’s group is working on hyper-resolution land surface modeling, decadal hydrological predictability, and attribution and projection of flash drought in the anthropocene.
Professor Xing Yuan
School of Hydrology and Water Resources
Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology
No.219, Ningliu Road, Nanjing 210044, Jiangsu, China
- Anthropogenic shift towards higher risk of flash drought over China Nature Communications: 2019 ,accepted
- Benchmark Decadal Forecast Skill for Terrestrial Water Storage Estimated by an Elasticity Framework Nature Communications: 2019 ,10 ,1237, doi:10.1038/s41467-019-09245-3
- Effect of Teleconnected Land-atmosphere Coupling on Northeast China Persistent Drought in Spring-Summer of 2017 Journal of Climate: 2019 ,https://doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-19-0175.1, in press
- More Severe Hydrological Drought Events Emerge at Different Warming Levels over the Wudinghe Watershed in northern China Hydrology and Earth System Sciences: 2019 ,23 ,621-635, https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-23-621-2019
- Mechanisms and Early Warning of Drought Disasters: Experimental Drought Meteorology Research over China Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society: 2019 ,100 ,673-687, doi: 10.1175/BAMS-D-17-0029.1
Updated on:2019-09-21 16:24 Total Visits:3593